Pick-to-Light is a high-tech pick and fulfillment system that is semi-automated and simple to use. With the employment of lights, buttons, and alphanumeric LED screens, the system guides a human associate throughout the pick/put process. The system knows where items are located within a distribution center and where the picker needs to go next with just the push of a button. This is indicated by the “light” in “Pick-to-Light”. New Age Industrial manufactures material handling equipment that integrates Pick-to-Light technology with order picking equipment to streamline the picking process.
- User Interface – A channel where the user interface will be mounted.
- Controller – A safe location for the controller to be mounted.
- Antenna – A top location on the cart for an antenna to ensure unobstructed communication with the server.
- Battery – An accessible location for the battery that powers the Pick-to-Light hardware.
- Wiring – Enclosed channels with protected entry points to hide and protect the wiring between the battery, controller, interface, and antenna.